17 June 2009

Life, Love & Photography

When you put time, love and energy into something the rewards are unlimited. That's how I feel about many things: my son, my relationship, my photography and life in general. Except this post is mostly about my photography. It's a self-perpetuating labor of love. Honestly, there has not been a single moment since I began shooting again that I have thought "wow...I really hate doing this, it's more work than it is fun." It is no secret that I love people. I love experiences, interactions and just straight up people watching. I must say that people watching is much easier (and acceptable!) if you are being hired to do it! I honestly feel like any talent I have is not as much a creative talent, although that is getting better every day, but a knack for getting people to feel comfortable enough around me to let their guards down. Comfortable enough that they can be themselves and express their true feelings, allowing me the amazing opportunity to capture raw emotion in an image.

This last weekend was amazing in every way. Casey & Adam invited Scott and me to be a part of their wedding day and I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity. Love is a very powerful thing and it could definitely be felt in Paoli, Indiana last weekend. I think that it's safe to say that the atmosphere at Casey & Adam's wedding even made Scott and I a little more cuddly than usual, which can never be a bad thing! Take a moment and see why I love my job and my life so much.

More will be posted little by little on my site, http://www.chellecraig.zenfolio.com/


xo
m





No comments: